Online Baby Shower


Dear Friends,

As Baby Sutterfield's aunt, I would like to take a moment to express how excited we are about this upcoming and life changing moment. We are so thrilled about this new addition, and we are eager to bring everyone together for this big event. Because so many of April and Spencer's friends live far away, we are pleased to present this website as a way for friends to stay connected during this time. We invite you to participate in either or both of the two ways listed below.

You can choose to:

1. Be a Web Watcher and read up on Baby Sutterfield's progress and growth, play interactive online games, and participate in polls

2. Be a Memory Maker and receive a Memory Maker kit which will include:
a) a quilt square you can decorate for Baby Sutterield (which April will eventually sew into a patchwork quilt)
b) a blessings card on which you may write well wishes for the family. Blessings cards will be roped together and hung in the delivery room during the home birth and eventually put into Baby Sutterfield's birthday book.

Thank you so much for helping make this birth a special and memorable event.

Sincerely,

Deana Wood

Saturday, June 14, 2008

And the Countdown Begins...


Hello Friends!

Welcome to our online baby shower! Though we wish we could physically see and hug each one of you in celebration of our upcoming new addition, I guess this is the next best thing.

As of today, we have one month until our due date--July 14th. I find myself scrubbing the fridge, reorganizing closets--all those stereotypical "nesting" behaviors. I completed my final risk assessment today, and "Tadpole" seems to be doing quite well. Of course, we have been told that first time mothers usually deliver 8-10 days late. Therefore, I am psychologically preparing myself for a long wait.

Spencer and I feel so lucky to have such good friends, and we hope this site enables us to effectively share our final month of pregnancy with you. And we definitely hope you'll help us create Tadpole's first piece of art--a Birthday Quilt. We look forward to seeing your handiwork--a "community-engaged" project in honor of our little one!

April (and Spencer)



No comments: